Leading up to Christmas I start making my White Christmas Chocolate Treats! The kids love to get involved too. I lay out a big mat and they help me add the dry ingredients and I give them a rolling pin to hit the almonds. We are also making some to gift to their Kindy teachers this year, in gold and white bowls.
Here is the recipe to make your own.
- 500g white chocolate melts
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
- 100g red glace cherries halved (I like to substitute with marshmallows & cranberries)
- 160g almonds, roasted and halved
- 160g sultanas
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking tray with paper. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Mix the dry ingredients & essence and add the melted chocolate.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down with a large spoon. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Using a knife dipped in hot water, cut into squares.