I’m not sure what it is about a well organised space that makes me so happy. Something about seeing things in order, labelled and filed away neatly makes me feel at peace.

If you are anything like me, you know you like being organised and you want to be… but sometimes, you let the mess get out of control (through busy weeks, out of control kids and spouses or moving house) and then you have no idea how to get back that inner peace.

Last month I visited OC’s Kitchen in Manila and I was blown away by the extent of organisation by my host Anna. Seriously just look at this… Everything had it’s place and was labeled. I suspect nothing ever gets lost here.

Little Miss OC's Kitchen 1 Little Miss OC's Kitchen 2I think for the first time I finally understood how stores like The Container Store and Howards Storage World can exist selling just containers. I suspect there are lots of people like Anna out there keeping them in business. And I admit after seeing this, I had the strongest urge to run out to my nearest store to start buying containers too.

So I decided to put it out there… I was curious… what does everyone’s work space look like? Are they like mine where I get into moods to be organised and then weeks later it’s all a big mess again? I asked on Facebook and people started submitting photos of their work space…

Submitted by Carlie Taylor of CJ Sweet Treats
Submitted by Carlie Taylor of CJ Sweet Treats. I just love that office/consultation space!
From Van O'Grady - check out how everything matches! I suspect this was very well thought out :)
From Van O’Grady – check out how everything matches (even the sprinkles!). I suspect this was very well thought out 🙂
Anita Venczel's space - I love those containers on the wall.
Anita Venczel’s space – I love those containers on the wall.
Seriously... I need my pantry to look like this. I have pantry envy, Submitted by Fiona Grima.
Seriously… I need my pantry to look like this. I have pantry envy, submitted by Fiona Grima.
Submitted by Helen Tom Poullath. I'm thinking it would not be hard for her to move houses at all :)
Submitted by Helen Tom Poullath. I’m thinking it would not be hard for her to move houses at all 🙂
Submitted by Lush Creative Cakes
Submitted by Lush Creative Cakes
Submitted by Lisa Harrison.
Submitted by Lisa Harrison.
This is a great idea by Vicky Thompson-Chambers to store loose cutters...etc
This is a great idea by Vicky Thompson-Chambers to store loose cutters…etc

And finally, my absolute favourite space…

Submitted by Stacie Smith Kobs.
Submitted by Stacie Smith Kobs. If my space looked like that I’d just want to sit and stare at it. I might not actually get any work done 😉
More from Stacie Smith Kobs. Are you ready to move in? I am!
More from Stacie Smith Kobs. Are you ready to move in? I am! Just look at that rainbow wall!

Are you inspired to run off to your nearest container store yet? Because I am 🙂

2 Comments on Be Inspired by a Cakers Workspace

1. Diana
    March 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm (1 year ago)

Me encanta!!!! ains el problema que cuando tienes un obrador pequeño y mil cosas para guardar y ordenar, por muchas cajas que tengas te falta sitio para todo.
    Ahora estaría bien un paso a paso o ideas de como organizarlo.