Guess what everyone? I’m excited to announce that I will be officially running cake decorating classes in Singapore this December! I was toying with the idea on my last trip back and decided that since I will be heading back to Singapore this Christmas to spend time with my family, I’d try running classes in Singapore.

I must admit, the initial task was pretty daunting. Cupcakes would have been the easier option (for me) but everyone who emailed me all asked about cakes.
At this point I was getting a little stressed on how I will bring back all my tools for all the students. Let me tell you, there are quite a lot of tools, icing and chocolate involved which I would need to fly back with me.

Then I came across Bake King… my hero! They rent out their cooking school class rooms and have offered to supply everything I need. I was so happy πŸ™‚
They have just listed my classes on their website yesterday and I’ve been told it’s already getting a good response. Oh, I am so excited to get to meet everyone πŸ™‚ I am still a little nervous! Teaching away from my comfort zone, with new tools and a new climate… yikes. I’m sure it’ll be great fun, I’m just a worry wort πŸ˜›

So if you know of anyone in Singapore who’d be interested, help me spread the word. There are 2 class dates on offer – the 15th of December and 26th of December.

This class will be run differently from the usual classes. I will be catering for all levels so students will get a chance to choose to do a square or round cake and also create your own simple design on the cake. And I will also be demonstrating how to stack a 2 tier cake… So lots of learning outcomes from this little class!

Hope to be able to meet some of you πŸ™‚

11 Comments on The Launch of Classes in Singapore

1. Simon Food Favourites
    November 12, 2010 at 12:00 am (7 years ago)

that’s awesome. congratulations. hope the classes are very successful which i’m sure they will be. have fun πŸ™‚

2. Phuoc'n Delicious
    November 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm (7 years ago)

Hey Sharon! All the best for these classes, What a wonderful idea of spreading out to a different country and offering these classes. Good luck!

3. Bimmer
    November 20, 2010 at 3:13 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Sharon!
    I’m from Singapore and am so excited to hear you are having classes here!

Any chance you can teach 3D cakes? Or how to do bride/groom figurines for wedding cakes?

4. Jinky
    November 24, 2010 at 6:45 am (7 years ago)

Hi Sharon!
    I saw your ad (Singapore class) from facebook πŸ™‚ I’m so impressed with your designs. I would love to attend your class ..and yes, I just signed up for the Dec 26 class! wooo hoo!! See you then πŸ™‚

November 29, 2010 at 8:24 am (7 years ago)

Thank you everyone!

Brimmer – I would love to teach 3D cakes (I love making them) in Singapore but I think this will be further down the road as this time around, I’m catering for beginners πŸ™‚

Jinky – I’m glad! I look forward to meeting you πŸ™‚

October 9, 2011 at 7:04 am (6 years ago)

Hi how can i sign up for the class in singapore?

7. Aarti
    June 10, 2012 at 8:51 am (5 years ago)

Hi Sharon! I am a beginner to cake making. I am from singapore. Can you tell me when, where, duration of your classes etc.

June 15, 2012 at 6:07 am (5 years ago)

Hi Aarti – I will back in Singapore this November. Visit http://www.artistiq.com.sg to ask them to notify you when the classes are listed πŸ™‚ Hope to see you in class!

9. IRENE LIM
    August 9, 2014 at 5:11 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Sharon

I would like to attend the Dec 15th class in Singapore. please provide more details.. fees time location.

thanks
    Irene

August 9, 2014 at 9:15 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Irene, this post is actually from 2010 but I am travelling to Singapore again in December 2014. Please see http://www.artistiqsugarcraft.com/ for full details as they will be announced soon.