After about 18 Months of planning, frustration, stress, anticipation and excitement the big day finally arrived yesterday.
One of the first things my cousin did when she got engaged was to draw out an exact sketch of what she wanted her cake to look like. Eventually the idea turned into a dessert table and to make it just a little more stressful she was having her wedding in Singapore. For those of you who have not been to Singapore, it is extremely humid – and fondant and humidity are definitely not friends!
So I had to ensure that I planned for all possible issues on this trip back. Let me tell you that it was stressful trying to pack all my tools and to think of all the possible things that can go wrong and how I was going to fix it!

On the big day, as we started loading everything into the car, the cake had only been sitting outside for 5 minutes and it was already starting to sweat and become sticky! Grrr I was so annoyed and frustrated 🙁

Eventually when we arrived at the church everything was fine and the whole day flowed so smoothly. I guess the 18 months of planning really paid off!
Please excuse the background, it wasn’t the best so I had to edit it out 🙂
My cousin’s wedding is the biggest one I’ve ever been to. There were approx over 200 people and I’ve been told that this is considered relatively small/medium for Singapore! And after going though the planning experience with her, I truly can appreciate all the work that goes into the little details.
Although it was heaps of fun I must admit, the first thing i felt this morning was a sense of relief followed by gratefulness. I am so relieved it’s all over and it all went so well and I am also so grateful to have had the time to spend with my family. With my aunt in Hong Kong, my Brother in Brunei and my cousins and I in Sydney, it is a very rare occasion when we can all get together and spend time with each other.

Now it’s time to really relax for the next few days and continue to stuff my face before heading back home 🙂

7 Comments on The Big Day is Finally Here!

1. chocolatesuze
    August 1, 2010 at 9:49 pm (7 years ago)

zomg the dessert table looks awesome! good work on the cake and i love the cones of treats and esp the choc dipped pocky!

2. apparentlyjessy
    August 2, 2010 at 1:35 am (7 years ago)

What an amazing job you did! I think every single item on that sweets table was absolute perfection. Your cousin looked beautiful in that gorgeous wedding dress too.
    Well done!

3. Rose
    August 2, 2010 at 5:42 am (7 years ago)

Wow! You made all of these things?
    You did such an amazing job. And the back of her dress looks beautiful with that big pink bow.

Rose

4. faithy, the baker
    August 2, 2010 at 7:54 am (7 years ago)

Great set up of dessert table! The setup was beautiful and the wedding cake is gorgeous too! Yup..i know how Singapore’s weather is like cos i’m living here right now..lol!

5. Grimmy
    August 2, 2010 at 8:16 am (7 years ago)

I think it all turned out AWESOME. Everything looks great.

6. Phuoc'n Delicious
    August 3, 2010 at 8:15 am (7 years ago)

YAY! It all worked out in the end and it looks fab too!

August 3, 2010 at 1:30 pm (7 years ago)

Suze – Thank you! The kids really loved those cones too. I saw one little girl take 3 of them 🙂

Jessy – Thank you! I’m glad it’s finally over and that it all turned out well.

Rose – Thanks, it took about a week to make and organise everything. Although I did go out shopping in between 🙂

Faithy – I feel for you! I’ve been dying in the heat and humidity this last week :$

Grimmy – Thank you 🙂