I’ve been pretty busy lately and I know my little blog has been feeling neglected. So, I’ve decided to compile a bunch of my favourite photos taken recently… enjoy the eye candy for now and I’ll be back next week with some more exciting stuff πŸ™‚

I love cakes like these because they are truly unique and no one else will ever have a design like this. The little birthday girl loves cherries and strawberries and the Birds Eye commercial. Hence the little birds and fruit πŸ™‚

I’m not usually a fan of orange but I am loving how it looks with the pinks πŸ™‚

Made by my cousin… I’ve been training her up lately πŸ˜‰ How cute do they look?

Natalie with her finished present box creation

Sharon with her little present box. These girls did a fantastic job at the workshop!

Angela and Christine’s finished Tiffany inspired cupcakes from the designer cupcake workshop. Read about their day here.

And just a little sneak peak of things to come this week πŸ˜‰

7 Comments on Some of my favourite things…

1. nikolina100
    June 21, 2010 at 2:31 pm (7 years ago)

how wonderful!! Every single one of them is adorable!

2. Phuoc'n Delicious
    June 21, 2010 at 5:12 pm (7 years ago)

Oooo so pretty. I really like the look of the first cake. Magnificent! Man… I wish I was making cakes for a living (minus all the headaches)

3. Grimmy
    June 22, 2010 at 12:22 am (7 years ago)

All gorgeous!! I think the first is my fave though!! How do you get such sharp corners on your fondant?

June 22, 2010 at 5:02 pm (7 years ago)

Love the first cake! And the white flowers at the end are gorgeous!

5. Ladybird
    June 23, 2010 at 12:26 am (7 years ago)

Beautiful as always Sharon, and the girls did a fantastic job on their creations!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with those beautiful roses πŸ™‚

June 23, 2010 at 12:52 am (7 years ago)

Thank you Nikolina!

Phuoc – cakes for a living is fun! sure there are a few headaches but it’s mostly fun and rewarding πŸ˜€

Grimmy – Thanks! The sharp corners are all in how you set up the cake. The ganache needs to have sharp corners underneath the rolled icing and I just used the smoothers on top of the rolled icing to help get the sharp corners…. hth!

Jennifer – Thank you! wait till you see what the flowers are attached to πŸ™‚ It’s my favourite cake yet (big call I know!)

Anna – Thank you! I saw your Alice in Wonderland cupcakes too, you’ve done so well πŸ™‚

7. Hilary Cam
    February 7, 2012 at 3:28 am (6 years ago)

Your sugar flowers are just delightful! It must be hard for people to cut your cakes, they are just soooooo gorgeous!