Remember how I was just blogging about wanting to make awesome show stopping cakes? Well someone must have been listening because this week I got to do just that. Ok, it didn’t stop any shows but it was pretty awesome πŸ™‚

Although he might not be everyone’s cup of tea, this week I got the honour of creating Kyle Sandiland’s 39th birthday cake.

The actual remote is on the left. Please excuse the bad lighting!

This is my biggest cake to date, the Foxtel remote itself was approx 30in long and 10.5in wide. The board just made it out my front door and with approx 6 kg of cake, 3kg of ganache and 2kg of rolled icing, this creation was not only big but super heavy. And then add a 5am delivery on top of all that πŸ™‚ *yawn*

For more pictures head to Today FM.

Update: due to only having 4 hours on sleep last night I’ve realised in my sleep deprived state, I forgot to thank the wonderful Michael from Today FM for the opportunity. This project was particularly exciting for me not only because it was huge, but because I am a fan of the show and it has been my driving buddy to work every morning! On a side note, in case you are wondering, all details were hand painted on πŸ™‚

10 Comments on A Super Foxtel Remote Cake

1. Linda V
    June 10, 2010 at 8:13 pm (7 years ago)

Oh my goodness. That is pretty awesome.

2. MrsKT
    June 10, 2010 at 8:23 pm (7 years ago)

Oh wow, that is an awesome cake! How exciting that you were able to create it for Kyle. Well done πŸ™‚

MrsKT πŸ™‚

3. christine
    June 10, 2010 at 10:39 pm (7 years ago)

omg i love this cake, you are amazing! ps i’m going to try your handy hints this week, thanks so much sharon, i will keep you posted on how it goes xo

June 12, 2010 at 8:30 am (7 years ago)

The cake turned out fabulously. Even the hand drawn numbers turned out perfectly.

5. Phuoc'n Delicious
    June 13, 2010 at 5:00 pm (7 years ago)

Sharon, what can I say… Truly amazing! That’s so insane when you place the actual remote next to it. Good work girl! πŸ˜€

6. Merlynda
    June 14, 2010 at 6:51 am (7 years ago)

Hi Sharon this cake is awesomeeeee! What did u use to paint all that letterings on the buttons? Was it white food coloring? Thankssss πŸ™‚

7. Sheryl
    June 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm (7 years ago)

Wow go Sharon! I’ve been following your blog for a while now and seeing all your creative cakes and creations, they’re just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing x

June 22, 2010 at 6:05 am (7 years ago)

Thank you everyone! It’s so exciting to see my cakes get their 15 mins of fame πŸ˜€

Merlynda – yes the letters were painted on with white food colouring.