I’d been yearning for a DSLR for almost 2 years now. A couple of weeks ago, I finally gave in to myself and bought one, and it’s finally here!  A belated Christmas present to myself πŸ™‚ Yay! Although I’m still getting used to the functions and how it all works, I LOVE it. I’m beginning to wonder why I put off getting one for so long.
I was so excited the day I got it that I started snapping pictures of the most random things around the house – the window, receipts on the fridge, the camera box…etc It was so satisfying to hear the beep and click, click of the camera and then looking and the pretty photos that got captured. It does get heavy after a while tho, so I guess I’ll be building some muscle soon!
But finally, this weekend I got to use my new best friend for real.
Photos taken with my Canon D500 πŸ˜€

Cupcake display for Kaden’s Christening

Little Kaden

Wine bottle cake for a 70th Birthday
After writing all this I now know a lot about this wine πŸ˜‰
Yay! Me being excited πŸ™‚

13 Comments on My new best friend

1. Phuoc
    January 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm (8 years ago)

YAY! Congrats on the new camera! I recently got a new camera as well and I was tossing up between getting a DSLR and a top of the range P&S.. I ended up getting the P&S as that’s what I could afford atm. But I know that same excitement when I first got it. It was a bloody long 2 hours waiting for the camera battery to charge up. I was taking random photos of things too eg breadcrumbs left of the table, jars, fruit, even the material of my dress lol

Have fun playing around with your new toy πŸ˜€

2. Ladybird
    January 11, 2010 at 12:12 am (8 years ago)

Hey! Congrats on the new camera… My hubby and I bought the exact same one in Singapore! What can I say..? good choice! πŸ™‚

Cute pic of u and ur bf πŸ™‚

3. Johanna Baker-Dowdell
    January 11, 2010 at 12:46 am (8 years ago)

Sharon now you have something to show off your spectacular talent! Enjoy playing with your new friend – and keep creating those gorgeous cakes!!!

Johanna

January 11, 2010 at 7:00 am (8 years ago)

Thanks Phuoc, it did make a big hole in my pocket but I figured I won’t be buying another camera for a long long time!

Anna, we’re camera twins πŸ˜‰

Thank you Johanna, I think this weekend I was more excited about taking the photos than the actual creations themselves. Ha-ha.

January 11, 2010 at 4:17 pm (8 years ago)

Congrats on the new camera. I bought myself my first DSLR in May after losing my other one and I love it.

6. Jeremy
    January 12, 2010 at 1:45 am (8 years ago)

Sounds like a nice camera, and that looks like a really nice cake.
    Any chance of some high res photos or do they limit the size?

Purchase is just in time for your big holiday right? Assuming Mr Nick has been convinced hehehe.

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

January 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm (8 years ago)

Thanks Jennifer, I can’t believe it took me this long to finally get one!

Jeremy, photos are not high res because I only get a certain storage space for photos and uploading a 5mb photo will waste it πŸ™‚ Plus it all takes longer to load!

8. FFichiban
    January 14, 2010 at 5:38 am (8 years ago)

w00t congratsss ^^! I love presents from me to me hee hee although you should’ve gotten a Nikon πŸ˜› heh

January 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm (8 years ago)

I’ve finally joined the DSLR club FFichiban! Nick told me to get a Nikon too, but I’m such a loyal Canon user, Canon all the way for me πŸ˜€ It’s so user friendly too.

10. Betty
    February 7, 2010 at 11:00 pm (8 years ago)

congrats on the slr – you will never go back to a point & click :O)

February 8, 2010 at 12:10 am (8 years ago)

Thanks Betty! I know what you mean, I can’t imagine using my old point and click anymore. I just have to get used to the weight of the slr now…

12. Kate
    January 17, 2011 at 12:32 am (7 years ago)

Wow! How did you egt the wine bottle so shiny?! Love your work πŸ™‚

13. Kate
    January 17, 2011 at 12:33 am (7 years ago)

Wow!! How did you get teh wine bottle to look so shiny? Love your work! πŸ™‚