The great thing about the internet is that you get access to a wealth of knowledge and get to know a whole bunch of people you would have otherwise never have met.

A while ago, Lilia from My Sweethearts Bakery contacted me about doing a joint activity for RSPCA cupcake day (Aug 17th) after seeing the post on my blog. In the middle of planning something, we got contacted by the RSPCA to make cupcakes for their media kits they will be sending out a week before the actual Cupcake Day. So instead we channeled or efforts into baking 300 cupcakes each for the RSPCA media kits.

The RSPCA Cupcake Set

So exactly how long do 300 cupcakes take to bake? Waaaay too long considering that my humble oven can only take 24 at a time! But luckily I had the boyfriend to help out with some of the baking. About 300 little figurines were also created for the cupcakes which took a good 10 – 12 hours to do. Then another 9 hours to cover the cupcakes and put it all together! Thank goodness I had my cousin over who helped me with some of the decorations!

I didn’t have time to take good photos so please excuse the bad lighting πŸ™‚

At the end of this RSPCA baking journey I was exhausted but also made a great new friend, Lilia πŸ™‚ It’s always nice to meet people who share the same passion and hobbies as you do πŸ™‚

There’s still more to come but for now I’ll leave you all with more pictures of the RSPCA cupcakes πŸ™‚

12 Comments on RSPCA Cupcake Day 2009

1. Kat
    August 7, 2009 at 4:51 am (8 years ago)

These are awesome! I am selling cupcakes to my sisters work for the RSPCA Cupcake Day. I have got heaps of orders. I can’t do fondant icing so I am making animals with buttercream icing. I will post pictures once they are done.

2. Rose
    August 7, 2009 at 8:23 am (8 years ago)

They look awesome! The piggy with the mud is so cute πŸ™‚

Rose

August 7, 2009 at 12:53 pm (8 years ago)

These are soooo cute! You have so much talent. 300 cupcakes? When do you sleep??

4. apparentlyjessy
    August 7, 2009 at 11:25 pm (8 years ago)

I love that you created such cute cupcakes for the RSPCA!
    I’ll be playing along on the official day, hoping to raise a lot of money for the good course!
    I think you did a fantastic job with the design of each cupcake! Baking 300 cupcakes must have been super exhausting!

5. Helen (AugustusGloop)
    August 8, 2009 at 4:39 am (8 years ago)

wow these look gorgeous! the decorations are so cute, and 300 is a lot of cupcakes!

6. katieskitchen
    August 8, 2009 at 5:39 am (8 years ago)

We received some of these cute cupcakes at our office! We were so excited, totally made our day.

August 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm (8 years ago)

Thank you everyone!

Kat – sounds like you’re going to be busy! Good luck and I can’t wait to see the photos πŸ™‚

Rose – I’m glad you recognise it’s mud… my cousin saw it and she was like ‘what’s that brown thing’?

Anonymous – Sleep? I didn’t sleep really! I was up to 5am baking :$

Jessy – best of luck for the actual day. it’s such a good cause. And yes I was soooo pooped out after delivering the 300 cupcakes.

Helen – 300 is the most I’ve ever baked in one sitting… I don’t know if I could handle it again!

Katie – I’m glad you guys got one of the deliveries πŸ™‚ Thanks for posting the pictures on your blog!

August 9, 2009 at 7:44 pm (8 years ago)

Super cute cupcakes. Do you roll fondant for the top of them? Or is it a super smooth royal icing?

August 10, 2009 at 11:51 am (8 years ago)

Hi Jennifer, I used rolled fondant for the icing πŸ™‚

10. Ladybird
    August 11, 2009 at 8:52 am (8 years ago)

Well done, Sharon, they look amazing.

My friend/colleague and I are selling cupcakes for the RSPCA next Monday – we’re so excited!

It is a great cause, and a bit of fun too πŸ™‚

11. The Fancy Lady
    August 12, 2009 at 2:00 am (8 years ago)

these are amazing and ever so freckin cute

12. Christina
    August 17, 2009 at 9:00 am (8 years ago)

Your cupcakes are just wonderfull! And it’s so inspirational to all the different designs πŸ™‚