Sometimes when I daydream, I like to reflect on what I have done.

9 years ago, I arrived in Sydney afraid but also excited about starting my uni lifestyle. During my 5 years at uni, I baked most of the birthday cakes for my friends. Some were nice and some were sloppy, but they were always well received and made the birthday boy/girl happy.

Then, about 3 years ago, I decided I needed something interesting to do with my life, so I took a beginners cake decorating course. I learned all bout rolled icing/fondant and I was hooked! It was so much fun. And so I started making little models and discovered that there is a vast amount of information and pictures online, Cake Central was my daily bible!

After some time, my friends kept telling me that I should sell my cakes. At first I wasn’t sure… who would want to buy a cake from me? Nonetheless, my friends were all very encouraging, and when I finally decided to do it for ‘real’ they were quick to tell everyone and also place orders of their own.

Why am I blabbering on? Well, my Creations are going to be in a magazine next month! I’m so excited and so grateful because I’ve never had this kind of opportunity before. If you had told me 3 years ago when I was first discovering this new passion that I would one day have an opportunity to have some of my work appear in a magazine I would have not believed a word of it! I consider this to be a major milestone for my creations… So whenever I get one of those, I like to take the time to reflect on how far I’ve come and consider how much further I have to go…

The theme was Teddy Bears Picnic and it will be appearing in the Aug issue of Shop for Kids magazine. I made a bunch of stuff, but for now I’m not sure exactly what will be appearing in there…

Cookies…

Cupcakes for a teddy bears picnic

Little buzzy bee…

Cake and cupcakes…

14 Comments on Time for Teddy Bears to have their Picnic

1. Chocolate
    July 19, 2009 at 12:09 pm (8 years ago)

You deserve to be successful, your work is great. What is your ultimate goal re a full time career in baking?

2. apparentlyjessy
    July 19, 2009 at 12:34 pm (8 years ago)

I haven’t seen such cute adorable cookies for a long time! You are so skilled with fondant! I adore the little caterpillars!

3. caronae
    July 19, 2009 at 4:36 pm (8 years ago)

Everything is absolutely adorable! Congrats on the magazine!

4. Kat
    July 19, 2009 at 9:51 pm (8 years ago)

Congratulations! what a great achievement. You must be so proud. You do beautiful work so you deserve it!

July 19, 2009 at 10:39 pm (8 years ago)

Love it! All of the designs are so much fun. Congratulations.

6. TheFancyLadyGourmet
    July 20, 2009 at 3:09 am (8 years ago)

wow congrats these are so beautiful your so talented!

7. LadybugLuggage
    July 21, 2009 at 4:16 am (8 years ago)

Sharon,

WONDERFUL, I love your work.

8. clekitty
    July 22, 2009 at 2:40 am (8 years ago)

These are absolutely adorable! Congratulations on being featured in a magazine. I am sure everyone will fall in love with your creations πŸ˜€

July 22, 2009 at 5:33 am (8 years ago)

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words πŸ™‚

Chocolate – my aim at the moment is to be doing this full time, hopfully I will be able to do that one day! I visited your blog too, hope business goes well for you πŸ™‚

apparentlyjessy – Thank you for your support!

Caronae, Kat, Jennifer, Thefancyladygourmet, ladybugluggage, clekitty – Thank you! I am super excited and kind of nervous the same time… I don’t know how the photos turned out and I don’t know what will be featured! I’ll let you all know as soon as it comes out πŸ™‚

10. lyndsay
    July 26, 2009 at 9:23 pm (8 years ago)

wow!!! so cute!! found you through zen cupcake. love those little watermelons!!

11. ButtermilkC
    August 31, 2009 at 7:59 am (8 years ago)

Your bees are so adorable! Do you also hold cookie decorating classes? πŸ™‚

September 4, 2009 at 1:38 am (8 years ago)

Thank you Lyndsay!

ButtermilkC – I can hold cookie decorating classes… Drop me an email (creations@sharonwee.com.au) or give me a call and we can work out what kind of class would best suit you.

13. Moonstone
    November 16, 2010 at 11:40 pm (7 years ago)

When you take your photos of your beautiful creations, is that paper you have in background??? Like the pink spotty ones for the teddy bear’s picnic, etc?